EHEIM and filter media

LongIslandFirearms

Reefing newb
I've been reading and reading all over the net with this question.

I have a eheim 2232 on a 37 gallon tank.

Should I be running with the SUBSTRAT PRO in the filter or Seachem Matrix?

Which bins should everything be going into (I have two bins).

Most on this forum do not promote the use of canister filters. With canister filters the finer filtering media typically goes into the chamber or basket in which the water passes first. The larger filtering media is last. I'm sorry I am not familiar with the Eheim model specifically.

They promote very high nitrates in most systems and require diligent work keeping the media clean. Okay for fish only systems but not reefs.

:twocents:(Don't tell anyone) I'm running an Eheim 2217 on my 55 reef, so far so good. However, I change the floss every other week, they are nitrate factories as most people don't clean them. You need to clean them very often. I have mine set up on the quick release valves to get in and out in 15 minutes. When I change my water I change the floss. All I have in there is floss, just to catch dirt, and a little carbon. It all goes every other week, I don't mind it, I like filtering with it and the carbon in there too.....

LOL, I get it.....okay, I'll turn it off! At least I'm not ramming it down your throat with my PHD in Biophysics!!!! 1 micron filter, that guy is a macaroon.

I've been reading and reading all over the net with this question.

I have a eheim 2232 on a 37 gallon tank.

Should I be running with the SUBSTRAT PRO in the filter or Seachem Matrix?

Which bins should everything be going into (I have two bins).

Sorry, I can't help with your question :( I have very little experience with these types of filters.

Is there not a thread Biff doesn't read?? I was hoping to hide from you on this one. Nice festive av Biff!!!

Back