elegance coral question

beeguiles

they call me fish geek ;p
So I brought my anemone back to the store bc I didnt like the fact that it could move and kill other corals but I loove how it looked while it was in there. Well I was searching the web and came across elegance coral. This resembles an anemone without being one! But it does pack a good punch for a sting. Everything I have read says it not too difficult to keep and likes the bottom on the tank and I need something for the bottom. Would this be a good coral to buy? It's for a 29g with soft corals, hammer and frogspawn. Does it grow fast? Is it easy to propagate?

It grows slow and it is not easy to propagate. But they are not hard to keep! I have one in my 3 gallon pico. They are stunning looking and come in lots of colors.

Jackpot for me! Slow grower plus easy to keep equals success! Lol looks like ill be searching for the perfect elegance coral for my tank. :) if you have yours in a 3g I'm sure 29g will do :)

@ Live Aquaria, they have that its an easy coral to take of but I wud have to disagree. I'd heard rumors about how testy & tempermental they are from expert aquarist, but I ignored them & spent $129.00 on the "more hardier" aussie elegence & guess what...the rumors are true. The polyps hardly ever fully extend & it spends most of its time as a purple/green crater. I've owned for 3 months now [so its had time to settle], i keep great water parameters coupled with ideal lighting & theres no chemical warfare in the tank. I have over $1600.00 worth of corals [over 25 different types] and that elegance is the only one that wont act right.Most of the time when it does expand, it will get mad if a fish swims past it to fast & close back up for days:frustrat:

I agree with chuck78, hit or miss even for experianced keepers-not a reef" animal they inhabit grass flats that is the type of inviroment that they need to thrive and grow-they get large! even tho there in family euphyllia (frogspawn/hammer ect) any interaction between will prove fatal to the elegence-need to placed in the substrate away from rocks and other animals with room to expand-

Back