Elegance coral

Dannyrb26

Reefing newb
my elegance coral hasnt came fully out for over a week now wat is goin on my kh is little high ph is 8.3 cal is 450 and mag is 1560 with 214watt t5 lights??

The Catalaphyllia corals, like other large polyp stony (LPS) corals, have developed several feeding strategies. Through a symbiotic relationship with a marine algae, known as zooxanthellae, they receive many of their nutrients. They also capture planktonic organisms, food particles from the water column, and can absorb dissolved organic matter.
In captivity, these corals are hungry all the time, so feed as needed with various types of foods for optimal health. Never feed your C. jardenei foods that are any larger than .25" (6 mm). Try mysis, krill, brine shrimp and other smaller items. You can also mince a small fish or shrimp into very small pieces and feed the entire organism to your Elegance Coral, since different parts of the animal have varying nutritional qualities. Just be cautious, placing a whole fish or shrimp does result in the animal's grabbing the food, but late at night it is regurgitated. This results in eventual starvation, starting with tissue recession and onset of possible disease. The C. jardenei does eat a lot of food, but it must be the proper small size of 1/4" or smaller.

phosphate is 1 need to do water change and nitrate is 0 ....i was told only the purple sun flower i had to feed thanks mate for the helpful info

No need for water change from what I can see. You could fun GFO or another Phosphate remover to help get that to 0. But you look ok. Try feeding him.

Do you know where this Elegance came from? FWIW elegance' are one of the most challenging lps there is. They either thrive or die...

When corals are stressed, the standard response is:

1 Test everything
2 Test for stray current
3 Do Big Water change
4 Feed corals

Coral gurus, am I wrong?

yes im usin ro water from my lfs my unit hasnt arrived yet and im not sure where bouts it was from but it came from one of the best suppliers in my capital city

Back