Emerald Crabs

Any downsides to having these in a reef tank?

My brother's 60 Hex reef has discovered ONE downside: That little bugger is getting big enough that if he can't fit between 2 pieces of live rock, he pushes a bit on them. My brother will sometimes wake up to one of the live rock having been pushed off the pile and finds it on the "bottom of the pile".

Just an FYI.....

CMOS

Well Im one of the few people that has had problems with them. Mine beat the hell out of my Frogspawn trunk. They ate a lot of it almost to the point that it can break off. They just grab on a nib on it all night...

Take a look at the Frogspawn

102-7.jpg

I really like mine. I have a HUGE one... and he is to the point i should think about taking him out but its so fun to watch! I have not had any issues with him.

IMG_2875.jpg

WOW Darko! He's a BIG one. I always enjoyed watching mine. Very captivating. Never had any problems with them. Can't wait to get my new tank up and going and get some more. :bounce:

Emerald crabs are the one exception to the "crabs are evil" mantra I adhere to. Mine disappear into the rocks and only show their culte little green faces from time to time. no bubble algea in my tank now :)

Back