Emerald Crabs

Like throws in extra stuff? The prices are by far the best I have seen, except I would have to to express because the hermits which is $28 to get it shipped, or should I just go to my lfs and buy ther hermits there and save a little cash?

If I were you I'd skip the hermits and just add some astrae turban or banded trochus instead - hermits are known to kill snails for their shells or just for the fun of it. Otherwise sounds good!

John is a stand up guy, I have ordered from him on several occasions

If you are really worried about hermits going after snails he does offer snail only clean up grews. What he is recommending sounds about right

I am not really afraid of it, as there is still a food chain in existence and they are fairly cheap to replace. I have seen plenty of tanks with snails and hermits coexisting so it should not be a problem.

My thing is the express shipping charge is quite a lot.

That shipping charge is about average for ordering livestock off the internet. If you went to the post office, you'd find the charge to be about that, plus whatever is charged for boxing materials such as heating or cooling packs

Most sites have an order threshold that will give you free shipping, unfortunately you probably wouldnt be buying enough for a small tank to hit that threshold, but you could see if there are any local reefers that would want to go in with you on an order - that would make it easier to get the free shipping

Back