Emerald entree feeding

assafelbaz

Reefing newb
Hi.

Is someone here feeding with Emerald Entree food? I want to know how to feed (i mean, do i need to rinse it)? and also i want to know if it includes all i need for 2 damsels, fire shrimp and 4 blue leg crabs?

Thanks.

That's a good food, and it will contain a mix of lots of different things. However, Emerald Entree is more of an herbivore formula. It's good for the fish you have, but the carnivore formula (Marine Cuisine) would be better.

To feed it, you thaw a cube in a cup of your tank water, then dump it in the tank. You won't need a whole cube for your guys, so dump a little bit of food in, then put the rest in the fridge to use later. Some people like to rinse it in tank water, then discard the tank water before feeding, but that's not necessary.

Great, i will feed it the first way you mentioned, sounds easier :D.

I already opened the Emerald Entree box, so i think i will buy the Marine Cuisine too and i will feed bit of each to finish it...

Thanks!

Great, i will feed it the first way you mentioned, sounds easier :D.

I already opened the Emerald Entree box, so i think i will buy the Marine Cuisine too and i will feed bit of each to finish it...

Thanks!

That's the way to do it -- most of us rotate a few different types of food. Variety is healthy for us, and it's healthy for your fish too! Since frozen food doesn't go bad, it's easy to keep several types on hand and feed them something different every few days. Nothing has to go to waste.

I combine several different types of food, including Emerald Entree, Marine Cuisine, Formula 2, Cyclops, Squid, Plankton, etc. I just cut a small piece off each block I'm using that night, thaw in tank water, and use a baby medicine dropper to squirt it in the tank. That provides a lot of variety for the fish. I change up the mix every couple days, using 3 varieties in each mix.

Back