emperor update

Doc

I don't work for anybody
Well, it was too much to hope for that everything would go PERFECT with my risky additions. They actually get along quite well and are almost schooling with the Koran. It is amazing to witness. Although, both were eating in the store, and neither are liking the frozen food...yet. They have eaten twice, once with red algae and once with the green algae, so I know they CAN eat. I will be worried this time next week if they are not eating frozen fare. I usually just drop in a cube and maybe I will melt it down a bit before I add it in.

The other problem is what appears to be a touch of Ich on the eyes of both. Not uncommon for new angels added to my tank, but I am a bit disappointed. The cleaner shrimp are keeping it in check, but it is still irritating. I hope they get over it quick. If I lost either of these guys, I would cry for a long time. I am so freakin' happy with my tank now, I just don't want anything bad to happen. Maybe I will get 4-5 more cleaner shrimp to up the Ich eating.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

keeping my fingers crossed for you ... those are beutiful fish and the tank looks amazing! - now I understand why you were getting so excited :-)

Garlic! Add garlic! I dumped sooo much garlic in my tank after I boiled it. Trying to prevent any ich that might pop up due to the stress.

try formula 1 marine pellets if they take it. this stuff may cause some algea like biff always says about flakes and pellets but it has vitimins and garlic in it. it got rid of some ich on my firefish once now hes very healthy.the firefish loves them but the clown hates them

Hope it aint ick Doc.
Hate to hear it buddy.

I think I would go ahead and add about 2 dozen cleaner shrimp,Just to be on the safe side.

I am a fan of running its course, but I will for sure add more cleaner shrimp. I did have four, but recently, they have gotten too close to my BTA's and, well, now they are gone. I will try again. I have also seen the blood shrimp cleaning off the fish, I like those as well. Maybe a nice combo of the two. I like to think of Ich like the flu. Catch it once, and if the fish survive, they don't get it again.

fluke or ich scary I will agree with Biff feed Garlic everyday to your fish, Garlic is a preventative it takes up to 7 days for it to start to take affect, but I will swear by it..

I may get shot for suggesting this next one but I would get a cleaner wrasse, they are more direct about cleaning your fish and if you feed cyclopeeze to them they will live alot longer. I have one I have had for just about 3 years.

good luck.

cleaner wrasse huh? I wonder if it will get kicked to hell in my tank if I were to add it? I will do some looking around to see if I can find one that I like.

A half dozen cleaner shrimp, a pair of cleaner gobies would be my thought, the problem with gobies is they are very small and can get sucked up in the filters and pumps. the cleaner wrasse would be the 2nd choice , but, not a bad choice either. as for the garlic, I have never used it, but, have heard good results with it. if you want to do the garlic thing start now as it does take a few days to kick in. good luck, and keep us posted on your progress.

how much garlic do I add and how often? Never tried it, really. I used it once 2 soak food, but just a capfull. I didn't find it helpful.

garlic is not to get rid of parasites, it helps the fish attracted to the food. just like how we get attracted to the smell of garlic. so the amount of garlic you put in your tank is really up to you. all it does is get the fish's appetite. JMO

garlic does boost their immune system which in turn helps them fight off disease, just like it does for us.

garlic also is an attractant.

I use Kent marine garlic extreme and soak the food in a few drops.

You can also just add it to the water, which is good for your ichy fish. There are directions on the bottle, I have used both Kent and SeaChem garlic extracts and liked them both. Garlic is garlic, I don't see why there would be much of a difference between brands anyways.

Back