Engineer Goby Info

Hiker4twenty

Reef enthusiast
I was at the LFS the other day and saw these 3 fish in one of their DT. I thought they were some type of eel until the owner told me they were Engineer Gobies. They sure looked cool! Any idea on how they are in a reef tank, what they eat, how they are to care for, etc? They were about 10" long.

I have one in my reef tank. It is only about 6 or 7 inchs long. He does eat meaty foods and whatever else I tend to stick into the tank. I can hand feed him, if I stick my arm far enough down into the tank.. He does dig alot of sand out from under rocks so you have to be aware of him creating rock slides. But all in all he is definatly one of my favorite fish.

Make sure your LR on on the bottom of your tank, those lil buggers LOVE to dig....also they dont care where they put your substrate so they might burry frags if they are on your substrate. Cool fish tho, my friend has one thats about a foot long and 4 years old.

Well i got in contact with my buddy and had him send me a pic of his substrate..this is what his EG does....hes sending me a pic of the goby its self later..sorry for pic quality he doesnt have the greatest fone lol..

43d3bb88.jpg

Well i got in contact with my buddy and had him send me a pic of his substrate..this is what his EG does....hes sending me a pic of the goby its self later..sorry for pic quality he doesnt have the greatest fone lol..

43d3bb88.jpg
Thats exactly what my tank looks like at this very moment. you sure we arnt BFF's

Thats exactly what my tank looks like at this very moment. you sure we arnt BFF's

LMAO! Not unless you live in Kenosha WI!! HE just sent me a kinda :pooh: pic of his EG and its not even a pic of the whole EG. Like i said in a diff post this guy RARely ever comes out. Normally you only see his head.

8b473396.jpg

Thanks everyone. I've never seen one until the other day and wanted to know about them. They are a cool fish. Maybe someday when I upgrade to a larger tank.

Back