Engineer Goby Q?

JAG107

Reef enthusiast
Anybody have any experiences with engineer gobies? I was thinking of buying one, and wanted some input before purchasing. Like, are they notorious jumpers? Sand dwellers? etc

Jag i have an engineer goby, also known as the cinvict goby, thats why i got him. Cause he is a thug:mrgreen: seriously he does need a sand bed for a bottom cause he digs tunnels. you wont see him very much except at feeding time. I dont know if they are jumpers but i have a canopy on my tank so he couldnt if he wanted to. But they are awsome looking:^::bounce::^:

I think I'm gonna pass on it b/c I think they'll be more trouble undermining the LR than its worth. Too many expensive frags on that rockwork to have a rockfall!

Probably a good decision Jag. I got a Red Spot Goby less than two weeks ago and every single day with his digging in the substrate he covers us at least one of my corals. In the morning I have to uncover some and in the evening too. He is a digging maniac! I'm talking a lot of displacement. The first day I thought what the heck is going on here? I've had Yellow Watchmans before but they didn't seem to dig as much.

They are an absolute nightmare. My dad bought one a month or two ago. Every day or two he has to completely readjust his tanks substrate. One day it'll be nice and level, but the next day all the sand will be on the right side, stacked up almost halfway up the tank.

He had two rockslides when he got it. He's getting a lot of sandstorms too because the damn thing builds up the sand enough to where his powerheads hit it.

If you really needed something to stir up your sandbed, this would be it, lol. I don't think it's a jumper. His is over 8" long now and you never see the damn thing.

Back