Ep's new 14g Biocube

SigEpLucas

Nano Reefer
So I ran into a deal on a 14g biocube so I went ahead and decided to get it and start a new aquarium. Not the size upgrade I was going for but it fits well in the space that I have and will work for now.

So I brought home the aquarium first!
IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

I went and picked up the stand and filled her up with some fresh saltwater...
IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

I added one big piece of live rock from my old system to get it started and unfortunately the heater I have won't fit in the back so it'll have to do until I get a new one...
IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

I got some reefsaver eco rock from Bulk Reef Supply and I'm hoping my one piece of live rock will be enough to supplement the rest. I also added 15 pounds of live sand and changed out the stock pump for a maxijet 1200 powerhead...
IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

And after a few weeks I've added some livestock. I've got 1 percula clown, 1 firefish, 1 peppermint shrimp, 2 astrea snails and 2 nassarius snails...
IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

I've got a magnet cleaner, biocube protien skimmer, and hydor flo reflector on the way now. I plan on letting it run for a few more weeks with the new equip and two fish and hopefully getting some nice frags in the tank. I've already got the bulk reef supply two part system going as well so hopefully all the parameters will be in good shape! More pics to come and any advice on a 14g cube greatly appreciated!

yeah they are there was a pretty good quote on the glass all the way around before I put em in there and they didn't waste any time getting to work. I figured I would just leave it alone and let them have it until things start to take off.

It really looks great! I have a 14 gallon BioCube, but it's empty in my shed. :( You've made some great progress with yours.

You might want to put in another firefish. I had the exact setup for livestock and the clownfish used to pick on the firefish alot.

Back