Eric's 3 Gallon (Picotope) Build!

Eric Noa

Reefing newb
Hello guys,

Well I want an aquarium for my room but I wanted something small and that didn't make too much noise. I had store credit from an online store and they didn't have anything that I really needed for the 65g so I decide to buy this 3 gallon Picotope Aquarium Kit.

Here are some images of the setup. ( I saw one at my LFS and it looked really nice) Im planning of just keeping a pair of Clown's ( Any suggestions on what type of clowns ) Also can I keep Corals in there? in the one that I saw at the LFS they had corals.

PicoteTank6.jpg

PicoteTank2.jpg

PicoteTank3.jpg

PicoteTank4.jpg

PicoteTank5.jpg

PicoteTank1.jpg

PicoteTank7.jpg

PicoteTank9.jpg

PicoteTank13.jpg

PicoteTank14.jpg

PicoteTank15.jpg

Everything has cleared up.

PicoteTank16.jpg

PicoteTank17.jpg

Eric that looks great. I have always wanted one of those; maybe for the office at work. I think it might be too small for a pair of clowns, but may be that's just me. I would do some zoos and smaller soft corals.

Cool set-up. I've been kinda thinking about something like this for the office. I'll be following along keep us posted with your progress.

Neat!! I, too, have been considering a pico for work-- I think my lab needs some living things in it :D. 3 gallons is definitely too small for a clown, but there are species of gobies and blennies and firefish that you can keep, maybe.

Hey guys I decided to change the location of the Picotope. I moved it to my night table next to my bed oh and I re arrange the rocks... Didn't really like how it looked. lol

104.jpg

103.jpg

102.jpg

101.jpg

I set one of those little tanks up for a girl at work.She's got a few mushrooms,some xenia and a few zoas in it.:D

Cool! And yes you are not the first reefer to change his rock aqua scape. There would be something wrong with you if you did not change the rocks around at least 10 times.

Back