Eric's 65-Gallon Project!

Eric Noa

Reefing newb
Well as some of you guys know and new to this hobby and just today I got my Tank. I will put some pictures of stand which is what I took pictures of because I just painted it today. I'll put some pictures of before and after.

The Stand has more support but I took some of them off so that I could take the sump out. I have to put those back

BEFORE

StandCanopy1.jpg

StandCanopy2.jpg

AFTER

StandCanopy3.jpg

StandCanopy4.jpg

This is the canopy

StandCanopy5.jpg

The Sump, I will need to clean this

Sump1.jpg

Thank you guys. I was wondering how could unglue the overflow because its in a place a I don't like it. I want to put it in the middle of the tank. Right now its not on the middle neither on the corner is in between, lol How can I unglue it and with what should I glue it back on?

Is it glued in with silicone? If so, take a sharp razor blade and you should be able to slice right through it. You can reglue it using 100% silicone as well. Be sure to use Silicone I. Not Silicone II. Silicone II contains anti-microbial additives to kill mold and mildew, and you don't want that in your tank.

Biff, it is black silicone. But I dont know if Im going to move it since either way it won't show cause the rocks will be in front on it.

Here are some pictures of the leak test of the Tank and Sump

Attachments

• IMG_0318.jpg
    IMG_0318.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_0317.jpg
    IMG_0317.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 353
For a 65G tank aprox how many pounds of LR and LS should I use?

The light that came with the tank is a Compact Fluorescent 96W 10k and it uses two of those bulbs Would that be enough to have corals or do I need a more powerful one?

Last edited:
you dont wanna move the overflow anyways, then you will have two holes in the bottom of your tank that can possible leak if your try and plug them up. not worth the risk to me... i personally would put in about 90lbs of rock..

How about live sand? And I was looking at the test kits and there is one for saltwater and another for reef which one do I need....????

Reef usually also includes calcium and phosphate, which are helpful for coral keeping.

Live sand isn't worth it, IMO. I just buy the aragonite dry stuff and in a few weeks it'll be alive. :)

Back