Eric's 90g AGA Build

Other pictures from today.... this thing keeps getting bigger and bigger! Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics.

ATM Im acclimating a yellow clown goby and a six line wrasse I just got.

Time for an update!

Haven't added much to the tank since I was getting all parameters in check but over the past weeks I added a few corals:

Red Cap

Frogspawn

Fire Lamalosa

Neon green candy cane

Apple green cap

The Carpet anemone I purchased a few weeks ago turned out to be too big for my tank and ate one of my fish and killed another so it had to go. I put it for sale on reef central and got an interesting offer from Dave "Dog boy Dave"

He offer me a trade for the anemone, he said if I would drive the anemone up to Tallahassee in a cooler he would fill the cooler with SPS frags. At first I wasn't sure I wanted to make the 12 hour trip but after seeing pictures of his tank I decided to make the trip. Long story short I left yesterday at 4am and got back home at 8pm. His tank was even more amazing in person than in the pictures I saw. I took a few shots of the back side of the tank (forgot to take pictures of the front side, too busy picking out corals
laugh.gif
)

Some info on his tank and equipment.

Display tank: 60"Lx48"Wx26"H Drilled for a closed loop.

Lighting: 4x blue & white diy led fixtures and 4x Full spectrum Evergrow D120 (he has been running the LED's for about 6 months, he previously had MH)

Dosing: Calcium Reactor

Filtration: Skimmer (don't remember the brand) and a DSB. The main tank is plumbed to a large shallow tank in the garage where the DSB is. I believe the tank measures 8 or 10 feet long by 4 feet wide. A portion of that tank is where the DBS is located.

I was amazed at how he has been able to maintain this tank which such minimal equipment and dosing. Truly amazing.
I came back with 22 frags and I will post some pictures later.

Last edited:
How long have you had them? Only 2 powerheads? Are you able to get flow all throughout the tank?

For about 4 months and yea those little pumps have awesome flow and I have them in the else mode which is random mode so it switches speed and pattern every so often.

Awesome. I might try one out. But I've been reading that the life spans aren't so great. Thoughts on this?

People had issues when they were first released but I personally know people who still have the fist ones that came out and they are running with no issues. There's a lot of hate on these pumps but I love them and you can't beat the price. There isn't another powerhead at this price range that has all the features of the Jebao pumps.

Back