Eric's 90g AGA Build

Well, depends on how busy they are. New tires + rotating them should take less then a half hour (I've worked in a few tires places over the years lol). And if your car has disc brakes, changing pads and rotors (if they move at a snails pace) shouldn't take more then a hour and a half. If you're having new calipers put in, that takes a little more time because they need to bleed the system out (but even that doesn't take very long lol). If you lived closer to me, I'd show you how to do it all so you could save money in the future (Only problem with changing tires without having the equipment is setting the bead on the rim. If you're not careful theres a chance of the rim popping out and that sir, can be very bad lol). But the breaks, rotors, and calipers (if you need the cals) are very straightfoward and easy. If they try and charge you more then 350 for all new pads and rotors, you should shop around for a new place. The front and back pads (even if they get ceramic) run them about 25-35$ usually since they have commercial accounts. Rotors are usually 40. And, labor-wise, it's about an hour and change (unless they are horrible mechanics). So, don't let them take you for a ride. Sorry for the essay (I'm a mechanic, so when I hear stories about people being over-charged it bothers me lol).

Well, depends on how busy they are. New tires + rotating them should take less then a half hour (I've worked in a few tires places over the years lol). And if your car has disc brakes, changing pads and rotors (if they move at a snails pace) shouldn't take more then a hour and a half. If you're having new calipers put in, that takes a little more time because they need to bleed the system out (but even that doesn't take very long lol). If you lived closer to me, I'd show you how to do it all so you could save money in the future (Only problem with changing tires without having the equipment is setting the bead on the rim. If you're not careful theres a chance of the rim popping out and that sir, can be very bad lol). But the breaks, rotors, and calipers (if you need the cals) are very straightfoward and easy. If they try and charge you more then 350 for all new pads and rotors, you should shop around for a new place. The front and back pads (even if they get ceramic) run them about 25-35$ usually since they have commercial accounts. Rotors are usually 40. And, labor-wise, it's about an hour and change (unless they are horrible mechanics). So, don't let them take you for a ride. Sorry for the essay (I'm a mechanic, so when I hear stories about people being over-charged it bothers me lol).

Don't worry about the essay lol and I do know how to change everything but like you said changing the tires without the right equipment it's not easy. I did get prices on the rotors and pads and the differences of doing it myself and having it done at a shop wasn't much so I decided to just get it all done at the shop plus my friend dads owns the shop so I'm getting a break or so they say lol

$930 out the door with new tires mounted and balanced, new rotors and pads. I think it's reasonable.

Yeah, your car probably has 18s that are low profile, so they are taking up a huge chunk of the bill alone. That's not a awful price. He's probably giving you a pretty good discount on the tires too, pretty sure they usually retail for around 180$ a piece (Like BFGs and even most goodyears). So, yeah, that's fair :p

Did you get the kit to adjust caster and camber so the wheels aren't cocked? And how far did you drop it? Please tell me you didn't slam it as low as you could :p

Did you get the kit to adjust caster and camber so the wheels aren't cocked? And how far did you drop it? Please tell me you didn't slam it as low as you could :p

Yes I forgot to mention that lol I did get the camber kit and no lol I lowered it about an inch and a half. It doesn't sound like much but it made a big difference.

Smart man. That kit makes a huge difference in how the end result looks. And 1 1/2" is smart (You can still go over pot-holes without ripping your exhaust off the car lol)

Wish my tires for the jeep were $180 each! With low profile run flats; for a reputable brand, I'm looking easily at 380 a piece and I have to buy them in sets of 2's since the back tires are wider than the front.

So, skip on the run-flats. Lol, that's why you have a spare :p. Run-flats are only rated for like a maximum of 50miles or so (You CAN do more, just really not recommended lol). So, is it really worth all that extra?

Would be a simple answer if I had a place for a spare ;)

I see you went with doors on the front side Eric, I think you'll be pleased with the results. It looks great so far

Would be a simple answer if I had a place for a spare ;)

I see you went with doors on the front side Eric, I think you'll be pleased with the results. It looks great so far

Yes I did. Took your advised into consideration and decided to snap a couple of doors lol.

Hopefully by next week the stand is 100% complete.

Well I worked on the stand a little bit today so here are a few pictures of how it's coming out. I'll that is left to do is finish installing the doors, painting the inside of the stand and canopy and staining the outside of the stand and canopy.

B9219FB2-3B7F-4F14-90A8-F3122052545D-1265-000000749E48590F.jpg

D8429A1D-91D3-4A8D-9B6E-22D992205BA6-1265-00000074A08C03DD.jpg

55D488F9-1E97-4648-AB6D-518D6474DC62-1265-00000074A44A2193.jpg

40984184-1B78-4293-9563-07E484BFB7E8-1265-00000074A784D4AB.jpg

1A963201-1A82-4285-B68E-79DFC0E5CDC1-1265-00000074A9F11BED.jpg

Had family over today so didn't have much time to work on the stand but I managed to installed the doors on the canopy with magnets instead of hinges for a cleaner finish lol

8442C6E4-4395-4EFB-A53C-3E234CA844E8-2113-000000C962CCFDE8.jpg

This is what I had to do to install the magnets. Now I just gotta paint everything.

F1A6FE87-1FB9-482D-858C-49FF39B0BB5F-2113-000000C9650C59E5.jpg

Back