Eric's 90g AGA Build

From what i read on LEDs, Not sure if its true for all LED's But you want them anywhere from 9 to 12 inches From the top of the water. Im pretty sure if you can ajust your brightness it will be difrent. i have mine set at 10 inches from my water and everything is looking good.

Right now they are sitting 8 inches above the water and I have then at 9% plus the water is kinda cloudy from the sand. It should be crystal clear by tomorrow morning.

Hey guys just wanted to upload a few pictures I got this morning (iPhone Camera) with the water all cleared up. The tank has been running with salt water since 23rd so 6 days lol Hopefully the cycle doesn't take tooooooo long and everything goes smoothly. I have about 60 pounds of BRS Reef Saver rock and about 20 pounds of "Real Reef" rock. This rock is man made but it had been curing for a few months so it should have some of the beneficial bacteria and it looks amazing IMOO.

What are you thinking for livestock and corals?

As far a fish goes this is what I have in mind so far but it could change. lol

2x Clowns
1x Yellow Tang
6x green Chromis
4x Dispar or Ignitus Anthias
1x Sailfin Algae Blenny
1x Black Sailfin Blenny
1x Royal Gramma
1x Diamond or Engineer Goby

I'll be getting the smallest fish I can find from the list to give them time to grow like the yellow tang.

For corals I don't have a list since I'll try to keep a mix of softies, sps and lps.

That would be well over the max lol. If he waits till it's very established he'll get away with over-stocking a little... but I don't think anywhere near that much lol. If you do clowns, try and get either snowflakes or onyx! They are awesome!

On my previous tank I had two clowns, 2 Anthias, 4 chromis, 2 yellow tangs and a blue damsel which is consider overstock for a 65 gallon tank and never had any issues. I did water changes once a month and I had a cheap protein skimmer and was using just ro water. Never had any problems in that tank so I'm sure this tank will be fine since its bigger and I have better equipment.

Last edited:
On my previous tank I had two clowns, 2 Antonia's, 4 chromis, 2 yellow tangs and a blue damsel which is consider overstock for a 65 gallon tank and never had any issues. I did water changes once a month and I had a cheap protein skimmer and was using just ro water. Never had any problems in that tank so I'm sure this tank will be fine since its bigger and I have better equipment.

i am in the same situation as you and can't really decide what the optimum bio-load is...i guess you have to test it out and see...I change 5% water every week.

i am in the same situation as you and can't really decide what the optimum bio-load is...i guess you have to test it out and see...I change 5% water every week.

I personally think I would be fine with that amount of fish. If I see its too much, then I'll remove some. I don't want an aquarium with only 3 little fishes lol.

I seen those fresh water tanks with a bunch of fish in the tank and they only have a canister filter and everything is fine or at least it looks fine so with all the filtration our tanks have I think we can keep a lot more fish than the recommended amount. Just my two cents

Guys my tank is currently cycling and my ammonia is well above 8ppm should I do a water change to bring it down a little or should I not worry?

Yeah during the Cycle the ammonia will rise alot then start to go down and you will then see Nitrite and then see nitrates, Eventually the ammonia and the nitrite will go all the way down and you will just have nitrates. Thats when your done with the cycle and then do a water change.

On another note. I know you see all those fresh water fish in fresh water tnaks. They usually recomment 1 fish per Gallon in freshwater and 1 fish per 10 gallons in Saltwater. Look at it this way and it really does make sence. Fresh water fish live in dirtyer water Hence a smaller volume of water ( River Lake ), Salt water fish live in the bigegest water volume there is ( The oCean ) So ofcourse you cant compare the two. So When you add fish do take it very slow. Trust me i experienced this when i first started and lost aver 250$ in fish. I know its not alot but it was to me lol. There are some exeptions to the rule like fish size and all that but just take your time and alwys test your water. I test 2 to 3 times a week.

Yeah during the Cycle the ammonia will rise alot then start to go down and you will then see Nitrite and then see nitrates, Eventually the ammonia and the nitrite will go all the way down and you will just have nitrates. Thats when your done with the cycle and then do a water change.

On another note. I know you see all those fresh water fish in fresh water tnaks. They usually recomment 1 fish per Gallon in freshwater and 1 fish per 10 gallons in Saltwater. Look at it this way and it really does make sence. Fresh water fish live in dirtyer water Hence a smaller volume of water ( River Lake ), Salt water fish live in the bigegest water volume there is ( The oCean ) So ofcourse you cant compare the two. So When you add fish do take it very slow. Trust me i experienced this when i first started and lost aver 250$ in fish. I know its not alot but it was to me lol. There are some exeptions to the rule like fish size and all that but just take your time and alwys test your water. I test 2 to 3 times a week.

Alright I will just keep testing and let it be till its done cycling and yea you have a point there about the ocean and the river/lake. I won't be adding all the fish at once it'll be over a long period of time and whenever I see the tank can't handle the bio load of course I'll stop.

Back