Error Logging In

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Chris, May 30, 2005.

1. Chris

Chris

Apestyler has been having some trouble logging in lately. Here is his email to me...

Has anyone else been experiencing these problems?

Chris, May 30, 2005
    1. Advertisements

2. Chris

jhnrb

the only time i get that message is when i try to go back to home. no problem logging in. at first i did get that message. it was because i was still logging in through the old forum. i had to get to the beginning of the new forum and save as favorite, then deleted old favorite. currently i am unable to get to the sides after the change to remove. everything else seems to work ok.

jhnrb, May 31, 2005
    1. Advertisements

3. Chris

Chris

Can you describe this issue a bit more for me.

Thanks!!

Chris, May 31, 2005
  4. Chris

jhnrb

after you adjusted the screen to center the threads, and remove the side colums i have been unable to go there. the left and right shift markers are no longer there and if i go back to home more than once i get the error message. so i no longer can get to the big yellow dots on the side or to the information on the right of the center of the screen however every thing i am looking at is centered and fully shown on the screen. hope this helps. but im fine...I SEE PICTURES, I SEE PICTURES. I WAS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AS REPORTED BUT I NOTICED THAT EVERY TIME I ENTERED THE FORUM IT WAS THROUGH THE OLD BOARD. SO I GOT TO THE BEGINNING OF THE NEW BOARD BEFORE I SIGNED ON AND THEN SAVED IT TO MY FAVORITES AND DELETED THE OLD FAVORITE. SO NOW I ENTER DIRECTLY TO THE NEW BOARD. AND WAS GETTING ALL THE STUFF, I COULD SHIFT RIGHT OR LEFT AND WOULD HAVE TO SHIFT LEFT TO GET THE THREAD FULLY IN THE SCREEN UNTIL YOU FIXED THAT, BUT AFTER THE FIX I NO LONGER CAN SHIFT RIGHT OR LEFT AND ALL I GET IS THE CENTERED TEXT, BOARD, ECT. NO MORE BIG YELLOW DOTS ON THE LEFT OR INFO ON THE RIGHT. HOPE THIS HELPS.

jhnrb, Jun 1, 2005
  5. Chris

Chris

Ah, I removed the left and right coloums permently. I wanted better load time and for the board to fit on lower resolution screens. So what your seeing now is not a mistake but intentional. Whewh, you had me worried, this upgrade was your fault anyways, :). I love the new forum software 1000% better than the old. I am still working on some kinks but almost done.

Chris, Jun 1, 2005
  6. Chris

Apestyler

Just another wee update;

When I get the above error message and attempt to logout or goto forum home it 'sometimes' redirects to where the old forum was. I think this is due to the fact that the hyperlink directs to ../index.php which is the old forums homepage?

Apestyler, Jun 3, 2005
  7. Chris

Chris

index.php is the old forum. I am slowly removing it but I have to give the search engines time to reindex the new page. I have used alot of modrewrites so far to redirect some of the traffic back to the new page. Let me know what you clicked on to get to the old index.php so I can fix it in the new forum. By the way I really like the vBulletin software. I know phpBB is releasing a new version that will be awesome but you can't beat the support of vBulletin when you get in a jam.

Chris, Jun 3, 2005
  8. Chris

Apestyler

Apestyler, Jun 5, 2005
  9. Chris

Chris

Im really not sure, but I will be removing the entire old forum soon and we will see if that helps.

Chris, Jun 5, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question