Eshopps Overflow is LOUD!!

Bluespace

Reefing newb
I bought the 300 gph model. Out of the box this thing sounds like a toilet flushing. Just do a little research on the web and you'll find many fixes.

Thanks Yote for the hour on the phone, you really got me thinking in the right direction.:Cheers:
I tried the tubing trick with all different size tubing, stockman pipe, foam filter and I think that's it.

What I ended up with was my own variation of the stockman pipe.
I drilled holes many holes in the end cap like your suppose to but didn't
work for me. I ended up drilling one 1/4 hole and used tubing to get the air in. Works good now. I think:grumble:

DSCN0216.jpg

DSCN0215.jpg

DSCN0216.jpg

WTF!!! Still surges every few minutes. :frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat:
Going to try a bigger hole and bigger tubing.

Mine was real load also. All I did was take a 1" T and put it on the standpipe. I had to cut the "throat" back on the T to get it to fit, but now the water just slides down the pipe, open vented up in the T. Cost less than a dolla and is easy to remove and stuff. Much quieter.

Mine was real load also. All I did was take a 1" T and put it on the standpipe. I had to cut the "throat" back on the T to get it to fit, but now the water just slides down the pipe, open vented up in the T. Cost less than a dolla and is easy to remove and stuff. Much quieter.
You don't have a picture do you? I can't picture what you mean in my head exactly.

You don't have a picture do you? I can't picture what you mean in my head exactly.

No picture of the T in there, it's all dark and yucky now, not nice and new like yours. Just take a T fitting and place it on the standpipe with the T side facing out, so the water falls in there from the side now, not falling daow the pipe. This allows the water to ride the side of the pipe instead of gugling down ther, and the top of the T lets the air out. It's not perfect mind you, but way better than stock and no major work. Installs in a second. It will raise the water in your o box a little.

Ok so when you said cut the throat back you mean the part that the water enters? Was this due to it hitting the devider in the overflow? Sounds like a good idea, I'll give it a try.

It's not perfect mind you, but way better than stock and no major work. Installs in a second. It will raise the water in your o box a little.
What don't you like about it?

Thank you for the tip SeaBee. Although the T is not working for me.
I'd be happy just to get the surging to stop. I'm seriously going blow a gasket soon.

I used this simple solution for many years and it was dead silent. A dixie cup with hole/airline on top. I used a small piece of egg crate to hold the cup against the sides and above the drain line.

overflow-sm.jpg

I don't know if blue posts any more, camps.....haven't seen him in a while. Maybe cc will chime in with his fix in that last post. Hopefully someone else can chime in :)

this is all I did and it makes it more then tolerable... just make sure to have something in the end or it wont completely quiet it down.. you have some flow noise but not enough to worry about.. you have to play with the depth a bit to get it just right

Attachments

• IMG_2346.jpg
    IMG_2346.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG_2345.JPG
    IMG_2345.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_2344.JPG
    IMG_2344.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG_2343.JPG
    IMG_2343.JPG