eshopps overflow not user friendly

ponzlaw

Reefing newb
Sometimes gravity sucks. First, the bulkhead is, as another user noted, a size that doesn't exist in HD land so you have to fiddle with pvc pipe. Another alternative is a 2" diameter hose or tube which would slip over the pipe on the bottom of the box (good luck finding one) All and all good constructions, poor directions and mediocre design

:sfish:

I have the same overflow. It is 1" pvc, female. A standard 1" pvc pipe fits into it. You can get a 1 x 3/4 bushing and slap it right in there and now you'll be at 3/4. Try a plumbing supply or even a well store if you need to.

+1 yote & Seabee

I was baffled at first when I got my external overflow. If you glue the pipe right into it, it will work. The threads are there so the nut can tighten and seal the gasket on the bulkhead fitting. Not for threading pipe on. Put a union right there too. I made the mistake of not doing that and then had to change it a few months down the road. Its a pain getting a saw behind a tank.

Brian

I wouldn't put a union "right" there, drop down with 1" pvc to below the tank into the stand so you can reach the union and the unions are fat, so it might not fit behind the tank, dry fit your fittings before glueing!!!!

its a great overflow, I've had mine for two yrs. Start a new thread if you want more input...so people see it.

Back