Established ?!?

chuck78

The Reefanatic
Hey, guys/ gals about how long does it take for a fish to "establish" itself in a tank. What do you all think is the average time? I've got an achillies(8"), powder blue(5") & orange shoulder(5.5"). I'm adding fish weekly for the sake of the biofilter, but only in sets of 2. I'm just worried about aggression issues.

I've had fish get "established" within a day or two, and some taking a few weeks. I consider "established" as one that's eating everything voraciously, swimming around actively, not hiding, behaving as they should (picking at rocks, sifting sand, etc).

Well that's gonna be tricky for me b/c all,but 1 of my tangs know me so well that I can feed by hand & even pet them when they're really happy so there isn't gonna be any hiding. So the Naso & the foxface are acting very normal for being in the rescaped tank for only a few days.

I would do both Acanthurus tangs last (the Powder Blue and the Achilles) They'll be the ones that have the biggest issues with new fish being added

The Achilles may be known for having issues with ich and being fragile on introduction, but after settling in they are the most territorial fish I have personally seen in the hobby. I couldn't add anything without him taking issue to it

Back