Evaporation?

SeaBee

Ha Ha Thats Funny!
I have been scouring my carpet and stuff around my tank for weeks now, all seems dry. All sump fittings, not a drop. My question is what is a normal evaporation rate? I lose between a pint and a quart a day right now. My house is at about 72, and 32% humidity. Between last night and tonight I added almost a gallon, but I went up a little extra in the sump because I'm tired. Is this normal? I do have a lot of turbulance at the water surface, two Korillas, a 2 and a 3, spray bar from the sump and a canister eheim also.

Yea, I just want to see what everyone else is adding. I keep feeling the carpet and stuff. last night I was thinking, "did I pay the homeowners policy?", lol, I better call. I lost a line when we first moved in here 12 yrs ago, my wife called me at work crying like crazy I thought someone died. Turns out one of my eheim hoses came off and the tank drained out like 3/4, it was a mess. So now I run my hands over the lines almost daily checking....I'm gonna get one of those battery powered water alarms, I see people have them by their water heaters.

yea i'm loosing between 1/2 and 1 gallon a day on my 75....

its just evap... if there were any drip leaks, you'd find salt residue at the point of the leak, and then along the entire drip path.... it'd be pretty obvious after a day or 2....

5 gals for me per day during summer with the fan on high. Now, without the fan, its about 2 gals/day or more.

I just wanted to get an average on this because my fresh water tank needed to be topped off like once per week. Now I add like everyday so I got a little panic. I think it depends on the temp. of water and house and humidity. seems to me the people who live in the north add more, while people in like Florida add about half that amount. And the larger surface area of the tank. Thanks for all your input.

With a fan on low and my 250 watt MH, I use 2 gallons in a 24 hour period. ATO is godly. This should be bought BEFORE you buy the tank, lol. That and a RO/DI unit.

For sure you need an ATO.. I was loosing about 2gal a day in the summer and it was becoming quite a task to fill it up every day.

For sure you need an ATO.. I was loosing about 2gal a day in the summer and it was becoming quite a task to fill it up every day.

Not only is it a lot of work, but think of the salinity swings that take place. Stuff has to be bad for the tank.

About a gallon a day on the frag farm. It's dry in Colorado, so I lose a lot. Need an ATO, but don't want a manual float valve. Electronic costs money to hook it all up right and I'm poor as a church mouse right now..

Back