Ever have those mysterious charges...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by wontonflip, Jan 16, 2009.

1. wontonflip

wontonflip I failed Kobayashi Maru

in your bank statements??? I was so pissed today because an account I don't normally use and is attached to my other account apparently went negative... and the only reason I knew was because the account I always used got money automatically transferred to the other account!

Apparently, "Shoppers Discount" or some online thing have been freakin' charging me $12 the past 3 months (which is the furthest I could see without pulling archived statements). So I call the number listed in the bank statement for the people, and was prepared to fight!

Anyway, they couldn't find my name in their system by my last or first name (fishy, huh?)...but they did find my email (a junk email address I always use for spam stuff)...I didn't even want to give them THAT email because I said "How do I know you're not taking down my info as we speak and selling it to someone else??"

Turns out, they say that after buying tickets from movietickets.com (I only go to amc theatres, who uses that site to sell tix), I clicked a link to sign up for them! I'm pissed cuz why the hell would I pay $12/MONTH for coupons??????? Plus I just don't do business like that online!

Of course, they were quick to say "Oh, ok. we'll refund you the past 3 months" I said "Hold on! I haven't even PULLED my past statements the past year. When did I supposedly sign up for this?" They said since may of 2008. Then they said "Oh yeah...we have been billing you since june of 2008. We'll refund it all to you withint 2-5 business days" Yeah, I was livid.

So obviously, if I hadn't complained about more than 3 months worth of charges (having threatened to check my bank statements), they wouldn't have volunteered to refund me ALL the money. Jerks!

wontonflip, Jan 16, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. wontonflip

cthegame

Typical business bs. I have had countless issues like that. Charges that i never ordered or know of. Some how I "mysteriously" signed up for shit. Whatever. Its called fraud.

cthegame, Jan 16, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. wontonflip

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

Thats why I dont buy anything online.
    If the site I want to order from dont have a phone number,they aint getting my money.
    Good thing you caught it.

yote, Jan 16, 2009
  4. wontonflip

wontonflip I failed Kobayashi Maru

It's just one of those things...if that other account hadn't gone negative which resulted in my main account getting money transferred out, I wouldn't have noticed, since I rarely go in that other account AND when I do, I wouldn't notice a small $12 charge...which apparently I didn't notice for 9 months :)

If I order online, I usually use paypal. They're quick to give you your money and any charges incurred back, and they will pursue the vendor as best they can.

I'm still pissed.

wontonflip, Jan 16, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question