EW how do I get rid of this?

sd0012

Reefing newb
It all started with a few bubbles – I initially thought they were air bubbles – and now they won't stop multiplying and spreading all over the LR and even on to the heater! All I can think of is bubble algae but I thought bubble algae was supposed to be more of an opaque green? Oh and another problem HAIR ALGAE has been growing all over the glass and sand and LR! I think the growth may have started after I installed a new lighting fixture (Current USA Nova Extreme T5 X2 Aquarium Lighting Fixture, 2X18 Watt, 18"), two weeks ago. The tank is a 5 Gallon (16" X 8.5" X 10") and is home to a Bangaii Cardinal and four Nassarius snails.

ID/tips on how to get rid of it, anyone?

Attachments

• IMG_2441.jpg
    IMG_2441.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 545
Bubble Algae it is dude, I'm sure many will be telling you about it, but about the algae in general, check your Nitrates, your Phosphate, and lower your light cycle and clean.

Also I just saw that Mr. Saltwater tank has a new Algae guide to problems and fixes, co-written by a reknowned expert from the Georgia, and London aquariums to name a few.

That's actually not bubble algae...
It's the end stage of the photosynthesis cycle... oxygen. Most likely from the hair algae.

Yep, that's not bubble algae. Lots of times you will notice air bubbles coming from algae such as diatoms, cyano and dinoflagellates.

Back