ew what in the world is this?!

Sharkie

The Damsel Defender
so i was checking' out my leather because all of a sudden it looks all yellow and nasty like so i picked up the rock it was attached to and then THIS swam out of the leather!! :shock:

it has a small purple head with eyes, little centapeed liked legs and a red thing that runs up and down its back...

what is this? good or bad?

Picture2-6.png

i have a video coming but its uploading at the moment... i'll post that asap!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjbcx3ICRfk]YouTube - thing... from the reef.[/ame]

are you sure its a bristle? I've never seen one with a head like this one... it has eyes and atennas and like... leg legs, not just bristles

That looks like a type of Eunicid worm to me.Most of which are predators of corals,fish,and inverts.
It was probably eating your leather from the inside out.

ewwww gross!! i looked those up and it looks way more like that than any bristle i've ever seen...

grosss D: and now i bet i know why my touches are GONE (they were so pretty Dx ) and why my xenias and leathers look HORRIBLE

NOOOO DONT EVER SAY THAT!!! LOL
my whole reefing experience so far has been nothing but TROUBLEEEEEE AHHH!

I'm ready to start a cold-water saltie tank and not worry about any of these nasty reef critters i keep finding! LOL

Sharkie,Why not set up something like a little 5 gallon for that worm? Feed it a piece of leather from time to time.
Even though you dont want him in your reef,he would be cool in his own tank.

lol yote, i would but the rents wouldn't go for yet ANOTHER tank in my room! LOL. my room looks like a pet store with all the tanks in there xD

plus i think hes almost dead :l i put him in a cup with more water but he looks really pale today and hes not squiggiling much...

my dad already said he was gonna pour some vinagar onto him :l plus leathers are expensive here to get and feed him all the time

Back