Excellent Tank Insurance

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
I just put one of these in and I feel safer about my tank. I had several temp spikes over the summer that really killed too much livestock in my tank. This was $30 some bucks.
Reptile Terrarium Temperature Control: Lifegard Aquatics Big Digital Temp Alert for Reptiles
p-906124-12899-fish-supply.jpg

how does it help? its just a double thermometer right?just so you can see if the air temp is higher than the water temp?or does it control your heaters and chiller/fans and such

how does it help? its just a double thermometer right?just so you can see if the air temp is higher than the water temp?or does it control your heaters and chiller/fans and such

It has an alert system on it...if the tank drops or rises above the selected temps it starts beeping. Pretty cool.

One of clients is a sulfer shipping terminal so their waste water becomes caustic so they need to treat it and adjust the ph.. i'm thinking of taking some decommissioned ph and temperature probes and setting up a plc with internet access to get alerts on my cell phone or email.... but i think i'd be embarrassed explaining it to people who arn't reefers :P

One of clients is a sulfer shipping terminal so their waste water becomes caustic so they need to treat it and adjust the ph.. i'm thinking of taking some decommissioned ph and temperature probes and setting up a plc with internet access to get alerts on my cell phone or email.... but i think i'd be embarrassed explaining it to people who arn't reefers :P

If you are embarrased, then you arent a true reefer:mrgreen:

Right after I posted this last night the alert went off ! The cooler temps plus my fan running pushed temp too low. Also, if you had some other disaster like a tank draining this thing might detect the temp change.

Yup, I been reading up on them. I found a guy here that has onefor sale. He's only had it 3 weeks and is downsizing so getting rid of it. Gonna need to buy the Ph probe, but I'm looking forward to it.

Back