existential dead snail questions

beano

habitual reefer
so usually i would leave a dead snail for everyone in the tank to have a nice "fresh" meal. actually, usually i dont find them till one of my necrophiliac crabs is wearing one...

anyways, this guy is a particularly large carcuss. should i let it be or take him out?

question 2: if i take him out but want to put an empty shell back in how do i do that?

question 3: ever leave a dead snail in your living room overnight?

1-take it out if you think it might pollute your water.
2-you can use tweezers and pull the dead snail out.
3- if you take it out and leave it, it will stink to high heaven.

i was wondering if it will pollute my water. i have 0 nitrates. i know things have died before and ive never taken them out.

Take it out. Tweeze the carcass out and then boil it in a rolling boil for 20 minutes. Rinse with a jet of water to dislodge any leftover chunks inside. Return to tank.

Take it out. Tweeze the carcass out and then boil it in a rolling boil for 20 minutes. Rinse with a jet of water to dislodge any leftover chunks inside. Return to tank.

Toss some garlic on the slug and pan fry in butter. Voila! Escargot!

I would take it out, you only have a 30gal tank, and it could pollute quickly...unless you have a nice size cuc to quickly eat it.

I'm sure beano isn't, but we all seem to be suffering quite a lot. The situation I'm sure has long since been dealt with and we all continue to go on and on and on...... :lol:

Back