Extra Blue Leg Hermit Crabs

drm180

Reefing newb
There was an error on my shipment today and I recieved 20 hermit crabs instead of 5. This seems like too many for my 25 gallon tank. Anyone agree with this? Anyone need some hermit crabs for the price of shipping?

My LFS is almost 2 hours away =( I can't get over there for a while but I guess they wouldn't mind waiting that long. haha

Oh that sucks. If I was closer to you I would take em off your hands. Haven't getten around to getting some for my 55gal. Looks like you just need to upgrade :mrgreen:

I would love to upgrade but I'm headed to college in the fall. I'm having a hard enough time teaching my mom to take care of this one lol.

What is your zip code? I'll try to find the cheapest way. Would you want them to be overnight shipped or maybe 2 day?

even if you only had 5 they might still bother your snails. you can cut down on aggression by providing them with shells they can upgrade to.

Let me know know how it works out will still take them off your hands if it feels like you have too many, Good Luck! wish I could offer advice but NEWB here. From Boston 02134

-Owen

It might be a good idea to try putting them up for sale on craigslist before you have to resort to shipping them to someone. Its more convenient for you, less stressful for the hermits. Especially if your LFS is 2 hours away, theres probably some other reefers around you who would find it much more convenient to buy off you then drive 2 hours.

In my opinion that number is fine, my hermits hardly move, so far they have only killed two of my many snails, but as LF said, i just got a couple of empty snails at the LFS one day and they seem to be doing good!

Back