eye bump...

Anyone else have any suggestions. Primafix/melafix hasnt seemed to help at all. WWM hasnt responded and RC was absolutly no help.

Copper is the only thing I can think of that you haven't tried. Melafix isn't usually considered effective for the things it's supposed to "cure". I think it's just not strong enough. Have you tried copper? I know it'd be super hard to get a QT large enough for that fish. Maybe you could work out a deal with your LFS to keep him/her and treat him/her in store.

No copper yet as its a reef tank. I can try talking to the LFS, but im not sure if they have anything that will work. Ill still try them though along with the local reef club. Shes still eating well, just getting more bumps....

If it were me I would send these pics to the guys at wet web media and ask them whats up. Probably the best way to find out what is going on and the best way to fix it IMO.

She still has them and their getting worse. Circling up around the back of her eye now.... Shes still eating and everything.... I may try catching her and giving her a RODI bath for a few min.

Thats why I havnt done it, but its still spreading. So its getting to the point where something will probably have to be done.

Its really funny though... The neon gobies I have clean the area whenever they get on her.... When they hit that area in the right spot she gets annoyed and chases it around the tank.

So its still spreading. The guys at the LFS said HLLE, but it has to be some sort of parasite or something. Heres the most recent pics. Theres a bright pink/orange thing comeing out of one... Best way to describe it would be that it looks like a nem coming out of the bump.

SNB13923.jpg

SNB13920.jpg

SNB13918.jpg

Dude, what a predicament. That does not look like HLLE, although that's a good guess considering it's on a tang and it's on the head.

Yea it is getting pretty bad. I thought it was HLLE from the beginning, but after looking up a ton of pics I havnt really found any that match. I sent off another email to the guys at WWM, but other then that there isnt much else I can do. I still havnt tried the freshwater dip, but I dont really want to as long as shes still eating. Ill see what they have to say.. :(

Pretty convinced its HLLE now. It started forming in a small line down her belly and a little on the other side of her eye. It sucks because I dont know whats causing it. Everything I find points to a lack in food variety, but she gets algae sheets, aquadine flakes, frozen mysis, brine w/spirrila, mega marine algae and some live brine sometimes. All enriched with garlic and/or selcon... A pretty good diet. Well see how it goes, thanks for asking though :)

On a good note Iv added some really cool frags! Ill update my build thread tomorrow.

I had tons of stray voltage in my tank (well, it wasn't stray. It was a malfunctioning power strip), and the only time I felt it was when I had a cut on my hand and was bare footed in a puddle of spilled saltwater on the floor, while I had my hands in the tank feeding the fish. Talk about a winning combination!!

Back