Fading colors

He's not doing so hot this morning :( Very bad. He's got an extra coat of slime now, and breathing heavy, and just sitting at the bottom. Tried to spot feed and push the garlic-soaked food right infront of his mouth and wouldn't take it. Occassionally, he's attempting to swim up and around, but he just looks too weak, I think. I'm not a happy camper :(

Yeah, we lost him :( Then you go on that whole over analyzing of the situation, the what ifs, the should'a would'a could'a's, and now I'm being overly obsessive with watching my fish for signs :shock: I've only been in this hobby a year. I've lost 6 fish -- 3 to unknown causes (likely just weak fish, no illnesses), 1 to suicide, and 2 to some sort of illness and died in qt. It's rough!

I mean, I wonder if I should've just left him in the dt since he was eating? But he was losing weight (in the first day in qt, I saw the clownfish's bones, so he was definitely skinnier). I'm one of those who, at feeding time, watch every single fish to make sure they're eating and not spitting stuff out. So I know they're all eating. They're all fat. I've now been putting garlic drops in their food to boost their system, if they indeed, have the parasite as well.

Just gotta shake it off! This clown loss was harder to take cuz he was my very first fish! Gotta move on.

Back