Falco hawkfish,Longnose hawkfish question

zippyjr123

Reefing newb
Hi I was wondering what ya all thought about these fish. I was thinking of getting one of them but kinda not sure if they would be ok with my other fish.
We have 2 clowns,blue chin trigger,yellow tang,sailfin blenny,scooter blenny, and a bicolor blenny and 3 pepermint shrimp, 2 emerald crabs (which I haven't seen in a while day time or night time so I hope they are still there) also have a few corals.
Thanks
Rose

We are working on a bigger tank, For the tang and the trigger. Starting on the stand,then the tank. The Blennies all seem to get along well never had any problems with them.

I was wondering about that. I'm not going to get either one then. They just seemed easy going at the LFS and they caught my eye.

Honestly, I've never had a problem with hawkfish. I've owned a few arc-eye's that my sister called the "fugly" fish. He was pretty mellow, never messed with any of the other fish, of course he was the last one introduced in the tank.

I have a Longnosed Hawkfish. I've only had him now maybe a few months. While he's around the same size if not smaller than most of the other fish, I haven't had an issue's with him. I only have one shrimp though, 1 HUGE coral Banded shrimp, he hasn't bothered him. The only thing I'm afraid of is how he likes to perch on corals. My RBTA has spit again and I fear him trying to perch on it!!

Back