False Lemon Peel Angel

jswinberlin

Reefing newb
OK, I know it's not the best, but I have a hang on the back whisper filter in my tank. I have a protein skimmer on the way but I've been using this hang on the back filter in the meantime. Having never atually cleaned the filer and just replacing filter bags I thought it might be a good idea to take the thing apart and clean it.

I guess while cleaning it I increased the intake and my false lemon peel angel got stuck to the uptake. I was able to quickly free her and reduced the intake to where I thought it should be. The next night, I came home to find the same fish dead and stuck to the uptake. Do you think it was sick or is it just a weak swimmer? My other fish don't seem to have a problem with it. The damsels sit right by it without a struggle. I haven't seen any information indicating that the angel would be a weak swimmer?

Any thoughts?

+1 reef...fish don't usually get sucked in to things unless they were sick/weak (I had a blue hippo that I was treating in QT for ich...he stayed behind my powerhead, never once got caught. The only time he finally got sucked in was a couple of weeks later, when he died. He was stuck on the powerhead. How long have you had the angel?

I think there was something wrong with the fish. A healthy fish won't get stuck to powerheads or filter intakes unless they are already weak, IMO.

Sorry to hear that your fish didn't make it -- they are beautiful fish for sure. :(

Back