Fast growing coral

EliWhitney314

Phish Head
Well I am tired of my tank looking empty, so what are some beautiful, fast growing, corals. I am looking for lps and sps. I am going to do some research, but I would love any opinions from you reefers.

Fast growing SPS? Birdsnest and montis. They're fast -- for SPS ;)

As for LPS, blastos all the way! Blastos are my favorite LPS corals. Mine are making babies like crazy.

IMG_3652.jpg

IMG_3647.jpg

Candy canes are also fast growers. I have 5 different colors of candy canes in my tank.

IMG_3579.jpg

IMG_3589.jpg

IMG_3481.jpg

IMG_3485.jpg

IMG_3469.jpg

Duncans are super fast growers. If you feed them, they'll split often.
IMG_3471.jpg

Fastest growers of all will be softies though. Most mushrooms and zoas spread very quickly.

For the red and green blastos -- see all the little babies in the upper left corner? I tell ya, these things are breeding machines in my tank. I've counted at least half a dozen new babies since I got them, two weeks ago.

I have some purple encrusting monti that is killer fast.... I got it about 2 weeks ago and it's already doubled. In another two weeks it'll have covered the frag plug and some of the rock, too-- and that's in the middle of an inadvertant ammonia spike in my tank.

As for LPS, my duncans are super fast and fairly hardy. Also, for a fairly fast growth but also cool factor, I like frogspawn. Mine's easly double what it was 3-4 months ago.

softies-- zoa's grow so fast in my tank. I blink and they've put out babies.

Back