Favorite hermit-crab

spongeycrab

Reefing newb
Mine is the halloween hermit-crab:
halloweenHermit.jpg

Last edited:
I don't like any hermit crabs! They kill snails, and snails are much more useful, IMO. They are great cleaners if you don't mind replacing your snails once in a while, but they aren't worth it to me.

I don't like any hermit crabs! They kill snails, and snails are much more useful, IMO. They are great cleaners if you don't mind replacing your snails once in a while, but they aren't worth it to me.
You MUST I mean MUST have extra shells for them why dont people get that
without them the'll even kill other hermits

You MUST I mean MUST have extra shells for them why dont people get that
without them the'll even kill other hermits

Yeah, even with extra shells they still like to kill and eat snails. You can put in all the extra shells you want, the hermits will still like to eat fresh meat once in a while. People "don't get that" because I have seen them kill snails all the time when there are plenty of extra shells of various sizes around for them.

Yeah, even with extra shells they still like to kill and eat snails. You can put in all the extra shells you want, the hermits will still like to eat fresh meat once in a while. People "don't get that" because I have seen them kill snails all the time when there are plenty of extra shells of various sizes around for them.
hey sorry man we cool?

I had 5 hermits and 10 snails. Bought 2 dozen empty shell of various sizes and in about 2 months the hermits killed all the snails. Then they turned on each other. I ended up with 2 crabs and gave them away and restocked with snails only. I'm not a fan of the hermits either.

IMO hermits probrably do better in a bigger tank where they have more of a chance to explore for a new shell. in a smaller tank they will always bump into other snails and there is a greater shance of the snails getting killed.

Please answer the question insted of saying "I dont like them." I asked what your favorite is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frustrat: :grumble:

Last edited:
Please answer the question insted of saying "I dont like them." I asked what your favorite is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frustrat: :grumble:

Clearly many of us can't do that because we don't have a favorite! It's like asking me what's my favorite way to cook liver. The answer is none of the above!

I like the crab with the larger claw on one side. Left handed hermit crab I think?

Biffer are all 42000 of your posts that condescending?

Biffer are all 42000 of your posts that condescending?

Huh?

You must have missed the part where he went back and edited his original post after several people had responded to it, so you didn't read what he originally wrote.

See the bottom of his first post: Last edited by spongeycrab; 4 Days Ago at 07:25 AM..

Oh and where he says, "Why don't people get it?!?!"

I understand that it's hard to understand the flow of a conversation when one person goes back and changes what they originally wrote after people have responded.

Last edited:
Huh?

You must have missed the part where he went back and edited his original post after several people had responded to it, so you didn't read what he originally wrote.

See: Last edited by spongeycrab; 4 Days Ago at 07:25 AM..

Lol must have missed him showing his picture of a crab he likes first.

Back