FDA approved containers

Kizmar

#derpface
Other then Tractor Supply (they didn't have what I'm looking for), where else are people getting FDA approved water containers?

I'm specifically looking for a 35-55 gallon drum to mix salt water in. One of the blue or white ones? It needs to be open top with a cover.

I'm hoping there's a local store chain I haven't thought about, but I'll order one online if I have to.

Side note: If Tractor Supply usually has what I'm describing I might need to go to a larger store. The closest one to me is pretty small.

Last edited:
I don't think it really matters if it's food-grade or not for mixing water. I have always used the Brute trash cans from Home Depot or Lowe's, and those come with lids. If you are specifically looking for drums, then sorry, I don't know where to get those.

Brute trash cans in grey, yellow or white are certified NSF #2.
NSF/ANSI Standard 2: Food Service Equipment
Equipment commonly known as 'fabricated food equipment': kitchen, bakery, pantry and cafeteria units, and other food handling and processing equipment including tables and components, counters, shelves, sinks, hoods, etc.

Brute trash cans in grey, yellow or white are certified NSF #2.
NSF/ANSI Standard 2: Food Service Equipment
Equipment commonly known as 'fabricated food equipment': kitchen, bakery, pantry and cafeteria units, and other food handling and processing equipment including tables and components, counters, shelves, sinks, hoods, etc.

Perfect, thanks!

What Larry said, or the farming community. I got a 55 gallon blue drum with lid that was originally used for tomatoes. 20 bucks.

Back