feather duster behavior

softchxntaco

Reefing newb
i have 2 feather dusters in my tank one seems to be doing fine, the other one shed his crown last week, and looks like he trying to leave the tube, the one that shed his crown also has some real fine silky strands and what looks like really tiny grains of rice in the silk, whats going on?

Shedding the crown and leaving the tube is usually a sign of stress. Don't have a clue about the rice grains.

I just bought two feather dusters the other day. I had been watching them in the store for about a week. They looked good and healthy, reacted well. They were joined together and embedded in the sand when we got them out. So I found a nice spot for them up in a rock and easy access to the sand bed if they prefer it over the rock. One is out and doing great, the other has not shown since I brought him home. I looked all over the tube its in tacked no damage. But he's all the way at the bottom and was out about an inch this morning. So I readjusted them again and left them be. It looks like he is even further out now. Not sure if he is skipping town and looking for a new spot to make a new tub or just fortifying there position while the other stand watch...lol I never saw him loose his crown so far. SO kind of lost as to what might be going on. Any advice out there?

Back