Feather Duster Jumping Ship

usmarine_0369

Reefing newb
I just bought two feather dusters the other day. I had been watching them in the store for about a week. They looked good and healthy, reacted well. They were joined together and embedded in the sand when we got them out. So I found a nice spot for them up in a rock and easy access to the sand bed if they prefer it over the rock. One is out and doing great, the other has not shown since I brought him home. I looked all over the tube its in tacked no damage. But he's all the way at the bottom of his tube and was out about an inch this morning from the bottom. So I readjusted them again so that they would have there pick of rock or the sand bed dig a fighting hole in and left them be. It looks like he is even further out now. Not sure if he is skipping town and looking for a new spot to make a new tub or just fortifying there position while the other stand watch...lol I never saw him loose his crown so far. So kind of lost as to what might be going on. Any advice out there?

I can not guess what is going on. Worms do strange things. The last one I had was in its tube for over a month I was going to pull the tube out while cleaning the tank when the worm moved in my hand. So put it back in the same spot and it came out and was happy for about a year then it just vanished tube and all

Feather dusters can be very jumpy when new to a tank. Moving them around a lot will just make them more scared.
I say leave them alone where they are right now until they are fully comfortable with their surroundings.

I can not guess what is going on. Worms do strange things. The last one I had was in its tube for over a month I was going to pull the tube out while cleaning the tank when the worm moved in my hand. So put it back in the same spot and it came out and was happy for about a year then it just vanished tube and all
Thanks for the info and trying to help.

Feather dusters can be very jumpy when new to a tank. Moving them around a lot will just make them more scared.
I say leave them alone where they are right now until they are fully comfortable with their surroundings.

I would agree with you on moving them any more. I set them up last night, then checked this morning and still one hiding in its tube. That's when I started the inspection and repositioned them a little. I am very happy where they are now as long they are. I would be fine with them staying right where there at. Hopefully one of them is not looking for a better spot. Thanks for the info.

Update on the feather dusters. Still one out happy and the other no sign of. I have not disturbed them and it's been a week tomorrow. Can't see anything where they sit. So I guess I'm going to just wait some more?

Back