Feather Duster Placement

Rcpilot

Reef enthusiast
Should I bury the bottom of the feather duster tubes in the sand or leave them lying on top?

I have seen a few pics recently of feather dusters where only the top 4--6" of the tube is exposed. The rest is buried under the sand. I just tossed my dusters in the tank after acclimation and they are 100% on top of the sand. Would they be happier, or grow better, if I buried part of the tube under a thin layer of sand?

I put it partially under a rock thats on the sand bed.I try to keep the feather part straight up.If it tips over,most of the time they straighten themselves up.

in the wild they are found near the bottom of coral rubble, attatched to rocks. I keep mine buried in the sand, under or next to some rocks. just make sure they don't get squished. they will attach themselves to a rock if one is next to it.

Mine is on the sand bed in the corner of the tank. I buried it only a little bit when I put it there so it wouldn't blow away in the current. The other day I went to move it closer to the front, and it seems to be planted there...

I've also heard that they have the abilty to move if they don't like their placement...HTH...

when I first got mine I put it in the sand and place a rock on top of it, now it is attached to that rock. moved the tank from one plae to another and it is still in the same rock, hasn't move an inch.

Back