feather duster tube worm

If the worm stays extended with its crown out, it means it's happy. If it drops its crown or retracts into its tube and doesn't come out, that means something is wrong. :(

I have not target fed mine. Most of the time if I try to, it gets spooked and hides inside the tube.
It just collects whatever it can from the water. I know mine is eating (a lot) because when it poops it shoots out like a semi-automatic shotgun.

I have not target fed mine. Most of the time if I try to, it gets spooked and hides inside the tube.
It just collects whatever it can from the water. I know mine is eating (a lot) because when it poops it shoots out like a semi-automatic shotgun.

They poop? LOL ..I haven't thought about that. At the other end of the tube,..I suppose.. :scratchch

Nope! It's like tequila. It comes out the same way it came in. :)

Not.. if you know how to drink.. in moderation....

I once drank a half 5th of JimBeam and it came out the way in went in.. and I didn't know which end of mine was which... I do remember everything was drunk and moving... I was in the Navy then. I have no idea how I got back aboard my ship.. I think the Shore Patrol took me back and through me in my rack (bed). I am sure I did not get back under my own power.

OK... filter feeder food and more pods are on my shopping list.

Back