feather dusters

bronson

Reefing newb
had these in the past when i first started my tank (after it had cycled!) and after a while its head dropped off.then after several weeks it had a new head but smaller.eventually this dropped of and i believe it died.was this a reaction to it starving as i have been told and i believe phyto is wot it filters from the water.for food.is this wot i need and being only 10 gallon would i be fine feeding phyto say just twice a week to not mess up my water quality.i would like a feather duster again.

How old is the tank Andy? Give us some parameters to work with. Dusters are sensitive to low strontium, high nitrites and nitrates and they like a little current.

How old is the tank Andy? Give us some parameters to work with. Dusters are sensitive to low strontium, high nitrites and nitrates and they like a little current.
tank been running bout 3 and half years nitrites and nitrates where at the time my duster perished 0 .as of today they are still 0.strontium i rely on through my weekly water changes to be honest Rob so maybe it may have been low .plenty of current for a tank as small as mine.got the smallest hydor koralia as well as a small internal filter with carbon .if i decide to get another duster i will get test kit for strontium although i know people and read of people solely relying on water changes for strontium and iodine.i have many hitchiker dusters alot smaller than the ones you can purchase and they are still there after 3 and half years.phytoplankton is wot they eat right?

Back