Feather Star

Live Rock

Reefer
Is there anything that resembles a feather star? I love these inverts, but I heard that people had very high mortality rates. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Hmmm not really anything I know of but have you looked into rock flower anemones? There are some really awesome ones out there.

I have about 4 feather duster worms not as awesome as the feather stars but every one of mine is very different, pretty and active.

Both the feathers and the rock flowers are pretty common and easy to find at your local store or online check out this site.

Coral Morphologic - Your source for live corals including zoanthids, discosoma, and ricordea.

I feed my dusters every time I do a water change. I turn off the skimmer/filter and just leave the power heads on and put in a 1/4th teaspoon of microplankton and let it blow around for while I prepare my water.

That way you arent just junking up your water they will feed on copepods and other bits of food that they might catch in their feathers when you feed the fish as well. I have 4 now the first one I got about 6 months ago and I have found them to be very easy.

Some fish will eat them as will urchins I had to tuck all mine into rocks really well so they can hide from my urchin when he passes by but they are fine.

I personally dont have a rock flower although I plan to get a couple soon. I got the idea from BL1 another member who recently got some from that site. I think they are freakin awesome but do your homework first.

Rock flowers are awesome! I've got 4 of them now and they are awesome, I just put all four in the same tank and that night they started to spawn together.

Rock flowers are awesome! I've got 4 of them now and they are awesome, I just put all four in the same tank and that night they started to spawn together.

No way! Thats so cool. I have been pimping out that website all week LOL I am going to order me a couple.

No way! Thats so cool. I have been pimping out that website all week LOL I am going to order me a couple.

Yea it was soo cool, I tried to get pics of it but they didn't come out so good. The largest one just started hosting my male clown today.

Yea it was soo cool, I tried to get pics of it but they didn't come out so good. The largest one just started hosting my male clown today.

My only worry is my 2 wandering condy's they havent move more than an inch or so in months but if they want to they can cause all kinds of mischief :grumble:

If you're talking about the rock flowers, mine moved for about 2 weeks till it found a place it liked. After that it spent a year+ in the same spot.

If you're talking about the rock flowers, mine moved for about 2 weeks till it found a place it liked. After that it spent a year+ in the same spot.

Right but what I am saying is I have 2 condy's in my tank already so not sure how that will go over if I get rocks flowers too. My condy's sometimes move around they are more mobile than most nems.

Back