feeding bubble coral

lilduud

Reefing newb
soooo i was under the impression that you could feed bubble coral but now im starting to wonder if and how you can. i placed a piece of mysis on the coral and the bubbles that it touch shrivled up rather quickly... it seemed to hurt it or piss it off more than strike an apetite... any suggestions? or corrections [ie they dont eat hah]

They are very greedy eaters. Wait until the lights go out. It will extend long feeding tentacles. Then put the food on the tentacles.

oh those spikey little tentacles that come out at night? alright will do. they arent sweepers right? they dont like move around they just come out correct?

I think they sting. The corals surrounding my bubble that have been touched by them shrivel up! But they will definitely take food too.

Feeders and sweepers are basically the same thing.
Like Biff said.Try feeding it at night.Thats when corals naturally feed any way.

I target feed my LPS corals thawed and rinsed frozen mysis in the evenings a couple times per week. I feed the rest of my tank 2-3 times per week alternating with mysis, frozen cyclops, Tropic Marin Reef Snow, Pro-Coral Phyton and TM Pro-Coral Zooton .

yea i need to add more variety to my tanks diet... i have since started feeding it and realized that when i put food on it with its bubbles out, it only retracted them to poof out and swallow the food... and your all right they are TREMENDOUS EATERS!!! ive fed him almost eeryday... a quarter of a protein cube each time.. he just keeps picking it up from around him on the sand bed... suupppper fun to watch too! one of the fastest eating corals ive ever seen.

Back