now that i am getting into corals i need some solid advice on feeding

i am sticking to the easy stuff until i feel better about my abilities

right now i have

1- a nice rock covered with zoo's
2- a rock with 5 or six small mushrooms on it
3- a green star polyp
4- a cabbage coral

my next purchase is a frogspawn

any good thigs to add to the tank as far as feeding???

also do feather dusters need any direct feeding or are they good on their own???
i have two pretty good sized dusters

I don't think what you have listed would need any feeding. My zoathid don't seem to take to target feeding, but may not be big enough for the mysis shrimp I feed my fish.

However, there are some that can do well with feeding even when they don't need them. I have a Duncan that uses it's tentacles to grab mysis shrimp, even though it doesn't have to be fed. I have read that favia can be feed as well.

The four corals you have don't require direct feedings. Neither do feather dusters they're filter feeders.

None of the corals you have listed require or will accept any spot feeding.

Now,the frogspawn will take small meaty foods like cyclopeeze and mysis if you want to spot feed.It isn't necessary unless you want a more rapid growth rate.BTW,I use a turkey baster or something similar called a Kent sea squirt to target feed.

if you add any thing you need to test for it. most people do not have big enough loads on their tank that require doseing anything most of the time execpt cal and alk.

what about adding things like kent trace elements, strontium and iodine???

As long as your doing regular water changes,you dont need those.Especially the iodine.
The only thing I use iodine for is dipping new corals before they go into my tank.

I do like to use the Brightwell Aquatics zooplankton to feed my stonies.I also like their KoralKolor.Cant say if its just me,or it actually makes the corals color up more and brighter.

Back