feeding corals

algy1943

Reefing newb
Hi guys, I feed my sun coral at around 2am, and my green brain at the same time, my question is do each of the heads of the sun have to be fed? have attached photos, also can anyone identify the pink coral, sorry the photo's are not too sharp

Attachments

• 002 brain coral feeding.jpg
    002 brain coral feeding.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 333
  • 005 sun coral feeding resized.jpg
    005 sun coral feeding resized.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 329
  • 006 pink coral resized.jpg
    006 pink coral resized.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 288
  • 007 pink coral resized.jpg
    007 pink coral resized.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 303
  • 008 pink coral resized.jpg
    008 pink coral resized.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 317
My sun coral hasnt been target fed for about a month i dont think! Whoops. but it is still doing fine.

I guess the rotifers i put in with the feedings feed it and the goniopora

Sun corals will pick stuff out of the water, but they will tend to slowly waste away unless they are target fed. They definitely grow and spread a lot faster if you feed them.

No, colts are more similar to kenya trees, but don't tend to turn into pests like kenyas do.

I feed all my sun corals (I have yellow and black ones) around 11 pm every night.

As I said its better in the morning because the tangs are sleeping and don't steal the food from them

Sun corals will pick stuff out of the water, but they will tend to slowly waste away unless they are target fed. They definitely grow and spread a lot faster if you feed them.

I try to feed all of the polyps, why do the all need feeding, isn't it just one animal?

I just dont have the patience to feed this coral sarah. I pu the food in and it takes it forever to open up. but hey, i do target feed them every once in a while. they dont seem to be wasting away either so we will see how it goes.

Back