feeding my hectors goby

beeguiles

they call me fish geek ;p
So I got this little guy a couple days ago. He was at my lfs for a week so he must have been eating something. I doesn't seem to like the super carnivore I'm feeding and I read he likes algae more. I have a couple algae sheets. Should I put a little square in and see if he nibbles on it? I do see him sift the sand. So maybe he is finding food in the sand.

I'd put the sheet in there to see if he eats it. You might want to give Emerald Entree (or something similar) a shot as well.

Thanks erin. I put a small peice in there. We will see if he finds it. Hope he see its before the hermits. I'm gonna have to look for algae based food next time I go to my lfs. All I have that's frozen is carnivore food. But I do have this gel food that's for herbivores...just remembered that. Except ido where I put it lol

IMAG2025.jpg

Here's the gel food. I put it in and he paid no attention to it. I don't really like it. As soon as it hits the water its like a glob. It doesn't really break up therefore the fish doesnt see it.

I have fish that love the Seaweed Blend, especially my Sailfin Tang, but my angels, butterflys and others will eat it too.

I'm glad it works for you mike. Not for me tho my turbo snails have already eaten the sheet of algae! Fat asses...

Does he sleep in a regular spot? Maybe try rubber banding it to a small piece of rock right in front of where he hangs out. Can't do much about cuc getting to it :)

He hasn't picked his favorite spot yet. Only been in the tank for two days. I've seen him sleep and check out four different little holes. Not sure which one he likes yet. It's so cute to see his little face sticking out tho

Back