Feeding time..

MikMcgyver

Vlamingi owner 4 life!
How often do ya'll feed? How much? I just recently switched over to frozen food and my fish cant seem to get enough..

Would it be realistic to be able to mix up enough food for a week, place it in a squirt bottle, feed the fishies, place the bottle back in the fridge till the next feeding? How long would it last?

Bottle like this....
21EbNAYkYqL__SS500_.jpg

Just curious, thanks for your time..

I think it'd be fine to do that. I don't see why not.

I feed once a day. I have 23 fish, and I feed about 8 to 10 cubes of frozen food a day. That's A LOT of food, but most of it goes to the trigger.

I feed every other to every third day.2 pinches of the feeding tongs at a time.
But I dont see why your idea wouldnt work.

my LFS uses that same idea. It lasts a week. I feed one cube daily in my 90 with cyclopeeze three times a week and three cubes a day in my 125.

-Doc

I keep three days worth of food thawed in the fridge.Any longer than that and it stinks even more than it does already.I use a similar container like the one you posted.I feed 3 times a day,about two cubes worth for 12 fishes,mostly anthias though.

Maybe I should try that. I usually only feed once a day, and probably because it takes 10 minutes to thaw out all the cubes. If I had some already thawed, in a squeeze bottle, and on hand in the fridge ready to go, I could feed them even if I'm on the run out of the house. Good idea!

I feed my fish once every other day. Sometimes on the third day if i over feed. I want them to be actively looking for their own food.

I feed once a day. I thaw a few cubes in a small jar mix them and add garlic and store in fridge until gone. Then start all over again.

Back