Feeding TIme

RFD

Reefing newb
I want to know what is a healthy feeding regiment and schedule. I am currently feeding every other day and mixture of cyclopene and brine shrimp. I have 4 fish, suncoral, candy cane, golden tip tourch, xenia, yellow polyps. How much should I be feeding. It appears that the fish eat al the shrimp and then the cyclopene.

Thanks

Rich

you are fine with what you are doing now execpt for the brine it is junk food there is no nutrition in it for salties fresh watrer fish yes. swith to something like marine cusine or mysis shrimp

James is right about the brine shrimp vs the mysis.Brine shrimp is kinda like feeding the fish a Milky Way.But its fine when you just want to give a small snack.
As long as your fish are healthy with every other day feedings,then their getting enough.
The sun coral on the other hand,really should be fed something every day.JMO.

Thank you both - I am going to start feeding the Sun Coral everyday- should I target feed the Candy Cane also?

It would he beneficial if you could target feed them both. They will be healthier and show better growth. You could also get some reef plankton for target feeding your LPS

I have always read that we should feed our fish 1-2 times daily - small amounts and have one day of non feeding a week. Is this not the norm? And we should feed our corals 2-3 times a week?

DC,

I've got my tank down to 2 feedings per week from 4. I supplement and the fish are doing great.

I believe yote is down to feeding....well never......

Your fish will ALWAYS seem hungry and come to you when you approach the tank.

Remember, the less you feed (as long as your fish are healthy) .... the less waste in the tank.

Thanks. I didn't know this was the norm. I know of you 3 now, RFD. yote and yourself. Does everyone feed this way? This definitely would help with water quality!

Hey Daug got any pics of your tank? What about the rest of you? Yote would love to see your tank.

Rich

I have tank envy! Both set ups truly amazing, I have a feeling that the 75 or 90 gal might be on the horizon. Maybe just start with the 40! I know Yote be patient.

Thanks

Rich

Back