Feel stupid asking, but.. How to remove bulbs from Odyssea fixture?

Stangman

Reefing newb
Just got a 24" Odyssea fixture in the mail, and I wanted to change some wires (Want to have the ends on 1 plug, then the middle 2 on another).. However, as stupid as it may sound, I'm unsure of how to pull the bulbs out of their sockets. They definitely don't look like they turn 90deg... And they don't seem to pull out.. Anyone done this before? Thanks!

Could you post a picture of the socket?

If it is a weather proof socket, there is a piece that unscrews, but I doubt that brand uses those sockets since they are pricey and odesya is a cheaper brand.

I think that they do turn 90 degrees. Many t5 sockets have plastic inserts in them to help keep the bulb in place.

Hah.. here are some pics.

socket1.jpg

socket2.jpg

Well even if I were to turn them, there is no slot for them to come out, so I'm at a loss here. :D

are you sure you don't have to do a turn and and push at the same time kinda thing?one would think that one end has to come out first..so how many reefer's does it take to change a light bulb?? lo

Manual? ahaha.. And I quote, from the only writing on the package.

"before installation remove masking from all sheet edges. Remove masking immediately after installation!"

Annnnd, "must use neutral sealant and gluey underlay".. Priceless quotes! :D

Alright popped the screws which let me dismantle one. So they 'do' just pull out. But they are cheap cheap, and really jammed on there tight, it seems. :D

Now i feel stupid but i just got the 36" version of the light you got. Now your post was about the same thing when i tried to move the bulbs around. Now how do those darn bulbs come out? lol And how did that rewiring go for you?

Back