Fender bender problem. Seeking advice please.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by PringlesLFE, Feb 2, 2011.

1. PringlesLFE

Tristan Detritus

i dont see any damage at all. just tell him to take it to an autoshop, your choice, to get an estimate, and maybe you'll get away with it.

what you should do next time since this has happened twice, is drive only on shoulder lane, stay extra far from the car infront of you, and DONT use your ebrakes! lol. the last thing you want to do is lock your brakes and lose all control, so just step on the breaks slowly and try to move to the side of the road.

any situation like that man, you're more than likely to fork over a lot of cash. i had someone pay a grand for rear ending me, but my damage was worse than that other guy lol

Tristan, Feb 5, 2011
    PringlesLFE likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. PringlesLFE

PringlesLFE Mmm...Salty.

I wasn't really sure about that myself..when I was looking at the truck the day after, I think it's possible that it got pushed down a bit or it's also possible that the dakota just has that ~1inch of space between the bumper and body. (Any 2006 Dodge Dakota owners out there?:mrgreen:)

@ Tristian: I think that's my best option (instead of telling him right away i'd be willing to pay XXX amount.) I'm gonna email him in the morning
    and I was thinking about how much of an idiot I was for pulling the ebrake lol..

PringlesLFE, Feb 5, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. PringlesLFE

PringlesLFE Mmm...Salty.

Thanks everyone for your help. I always appreciate the opinions and advice given here. Mods can get rid of this if you want...or laugh at the "damages" to the vehicle some more.

PringlesLFE, Feb 5, 2011
  4. PringlesLFE

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

Theres nothing wrong with bumper.Dudes just trying to new custom bumper for his truck at your expense.

yote, Feb 5, 2011
  5. PringlesLFE

bjohanson1234 .........

This!!!!!

Have him meet you at an auto body shop. I bet they can throw some paint on that bumper and not have to replace it. That is what the insurance company will pay for. Unless a new bumper is cheaper. I dont see any damage, just a paint scarpe.

If he doesnt want to do that and demands money unseen, I say let him make a claim against your insurance. I would bet that he doesnt go since he wont be getting what he wants.

What is the link to the new bumper? Just want to see what he thinks you should buy him.

bjohanson1234, Feb 5, 2011
  6. PringlesLFE

bjohanson1234 .........

Oh and most trucks have that gap between the bumper and the tail gate. It gives room to open the tail gate.

bjohanson1234, Feb 5, 2011
  7. PringlesLFE

kbuser92 Breeder

Old thread, I know, but most insurance companies have a grace limit of around $1000 without raising premiums. And also, if you're at fault, they pay in full for the other vehicle, nobody pays a deductible. And if you want your car fixed, that's when you have to pay a deductible.

kbuser92, Dec 27, 2013
  8. PringlesLFE

Big K

Dude, it's been almost 3 years since the OP has even been on this site.

Big K, Dec 28, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question