few questions before I head to my LFS

Jmck

Reef enthusiast
I was looking at putting a few new SPS and LPS corals in. I was wondering if you could suggest some nice ones for me to look at. Im definitely going to see what monti's and chalices he has in, but bar them, I dont know anything else thats nice!

Also, What is your general opinions on Sea apples? I love them, but know they are poisonous like nems. My tank seems perfect for these as my nem took his spot on the first day and has moved 3 cm in 3 weeks as lighting and flow got adjusted and even the clown has finally hosted it! :bounce: Are these apples more temperamental than nems?

thanks everyone :) appreciate it as always:Cheers:

I love the look of sea apples too. But I know nothing about them. I would do a search on the forums and see what you can find before buying one.

Oh. I thought you were walking out the door right now... My recommendation is just walk into the LFS, tell them that you're Jmck and order 2 of everything.

Those corals do really look nice, If I can find a nice colored Acan, ill pick it up!

Haha PRC, but what if its not pretty! :( (sorry, im going to be mean to the ugly ones :shock:)

Use your night key (rock) and get what you want and leave a note where to send the bill. Use your USA address.:mrgreen:

I have had a Red Sea Apple for approximately 2 years and it seems to stay more placed than does the anemones. I have had no problems with it but I also have a large tank. As for your anemone, mine stayed in one spot for many months but then began roaming around and has been doing so for about 3 months now. I never know where it's going to be. It's only a matter of time before it stings and kills something. :(

i have one right now that i got a few months ago and i had one before that lived for almost 3 years until i switched tanks and it died. i think if the tank is right for them them will live for a long time. they just need a lot to feed of of in the water column

Alright, so im fairly sure on a go for the sea apple. How do they go with feeding? do you add food into the current? my water has a lot of items floating in the water because I dont polish it. I prefer not to kill as much life as possible in my tank, but should I supplement it in the flow with rotifers ? or even brine shrimp?

Sea apples can nuke a tank is enough reason for me to never keep one.

There are so many LPS corals with fantastic colors Josh.Acans,blastos and micros are just a few.The open brains of both Trachyphillia radiata and geoffroyi are coming in some super crazy colors.I think they are becoming my new coral passion.Sadly,my knowledge of SPS corals are lacking.Someone else is going to have to chime in on those.

Montis of all types are pretty cool. Monti Caps are pretty easy as far as SPS and they're pretty unique in the way they grow and the different colors you can get. Monti Digis are nice too.

Acros of all types are great and usually pretty easy depending on species, they're your standard branching SPS.

I havn't really had luck keeping Pocilliporas personally. The two I have are slowly bleaching. Although the one I think is just because it keeps getting knocked over by my PITA turbo snails.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, time to go on a bit of a search for specific names to show my LFS, Im heading in tomorrow morning, cause he has a new shipment and to ask him to get a few things in. :D

oh and to pick up a sea apple ;) im not afraid to have poisonous things in the tank as long as i look after it and watch out for things.

exactly right, any changes you have to work out why.

So I picked up a few things, put them in the my showcase thread, except I couldnt get a birdsnest :( no suppliers he knew stock them, was fairly shattered! and he has no nice monti's either.

Back