Fighting tangs

vicki

Reefing newb
Fighting tangs
3 weeks (or so) ago I did what the books say not to do and got a yellow tang about 2 weeks after getting a purple tang. The purple immediately started beating up the yellow. About a week and a half ago I caught the purple tang and he's living in the sump (I've put some rock etc in there). How long do you think I should keep him there before reintroducing him to the main tank (which I've changed around a bit) with the yellow in it
uzi.gif
?

UUUMMM
Bout a week should do it.If not,then might as well pick the one like the best and trade the other one.

Ok this is what I would do. When you do reintroduce him back in the tank move some LR around so they both think they are new and if you see any fighting then turn the lights off for an hour or two. Those two things seem to stop aggression IME.

Good luck. I had a large Purple Tang that was an SOB an attacked everything including me when I put my hand into the tank to clean it. He cut me pretty bad a couple of times.I have 3 Tangs now but they were introduced all at the same time and seem to get along.

Back