Figure 8 Puffers

Nedim

Reefing newb
So I was thinking, if its possible to acclimate mollies to saltwater, isn't it possible to acclimate brackish water fish, such as Figure8 Puffers? I'm gonna do some research, but whats everyones take on this?

might be able to cause i have seen mono sebaes and mono argentinas acclimated to saltwater and for sale at lfs i have a freshater flounder in my tank right now it is a year old in saltwater

i liked the leopard and fahaka puffers, i used to have a 55 gallon brackish tank with scats, monos, mooray eel, lionfish, puffers

only possible difficulties I see with this is their agressiveness. Might have to set up a species only tank.

definitely i had 2 figure 8 puffers, leopard, and fahaka puffers and they are mean but had them with monos and green scats and freshwater lionfish. They are better in a species tank though i used to feed mine gold fish and they like to bite there face off first plus one bit me before and that hurts bad didn't realized they have beeks not teeth

I have kept one in a saltwater tank for a year with no problems. Should be fine. They like to pick on the snails and crabs though.

according to my research yes you can just keep up with there compatibility and also you may end up missing some cleaning crew.

Back